- Pitching competitionsRegional competitions will be arranged to connect SMEs and investors. The best SME projects will be invited to pitch at one of the annual European final events.
- E-learningThrough our e-learning platform, SMEs will be offered online courses and training materials.
- CoachingCoaching services will be offered to meet the needs of SMEs seeking to improve their investment readiness.
- Bioeconomy BootcampsThrough bioeconomy bootcamps SMEs can upgrade their skills by participating in pitching training sessions and interactive workshops.
- 01 Self-assessment
Each interested SME will fill in a profile and fill in a customised self-assessment questionnaire that helps assessing its investment readiness.
- 02 Assessment by clusters
Following the self-assessment made by the SME itself, an assessment will be done by the associated cluster to which the SME is related, and another assessment will be made by a second cluster (or an appointed expert)
- 03 Action plan
Finally, the two clusters will define together with the SME, based on the three assessments, an action plan with services to be taken by the SME to improve its investor readiness.
Capacity building programme
MPowerBIO aims to empower clusters to help their SMEs gain access to funding. To achieve this, we will prepare and deploy a capacity building programme. It will be designed to address the most important skills for clusters with respect to effectively engaging with investors and relevant financial instruments, as well as training their SMEs members to improve their investment readiness and successfully pitch their projects to investors.
During the first months of the project, MPowerBIO partners will screen available documentation, analyse the needs and requirements of financial instruments and investors, and prepare an online survey to map the skills and skill gaps of SME clusters.
Based on our findings, and together with a co-creation workshop, we will the develop a targeted capacity building programme which will be made available online. Cluster representatives can either follow the programme at their own pace or take advantage of the regional workshops and online events.
Check back to see the upcoming work and results.
Learn more about the benefits of joining in as an associated cluster.